Internet Lost

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:21 pm

quote:As for me, I am not into religion at all. I don't believe in a supernatural being.

Yikes. I believe that statement will spark a heated debate like this forum has never seen! [:0]
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:24 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
quote:As for me, I am not into religion at all. I don't believe in a supernatural being.

Yikes. I believe that statement will spark a heated debate like this forum has never seen! [:0]

All I was doing was stating my beliefs! I was not condemning anybody else's religion! Sheesh!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:27 pm

LIAM! I wasn't starting anything, man. CHILL OUT. I was just stating that a comment like that will surely start a heated debate amongst people. THAT'S ALL. No need to 'SHEESH' me, man.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:33 pm

LIAM! I wasn't starting anything, man. CHILL OUT. I was just stating that a comment like that will surely start a heated debate amongst people. THAT'S ALL. No need to 'SHEESH' me, man.

Sorry! I just took it as a warning - and I don't believe that it is a certainty. Some people may simply say that they DO have spiritual beliefs, but that's no guarantee that a heated debate will start. Except in Old Harry's Game - Satan is describing a new exhibit in Hell to the Professor.

SATAN: The Spirit Zone - containing representatives from every religion known to man. A bell sounds, and the christians attack the jews, who then in turn attack the muslims. The muslims attack the hindus, who attack the muslims back, then the various religions split off into their differing sects, ie the orthodox jews attack the progressives, until you end up with the sort of chaos and blood soaked violence that can only be attained through organised religion. And then, just when you think it can't get any more entertaining, another bell goes, and they all stop fighting each other, put aside their differences, and beat the crap out of the buddhists.

PROF: Why? The buddhists haven't done anything!

SATAN: Exactly! It's their pacifist nature, it's just . . . annoyingly provocative, frankly!

It goes something like that anyway.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:42 pm

That's pretty funny.

Well, I'm "tempted" to start a spiritual discussion, but that may anger the "powers that be" and other forum members. All I'm gonna say is I believe in God. Quite frankly, I don't know where I'd be without Him.

End of discussion. NEXT! LOL. Sorry I couldn't resist. [:o)][:D]
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:44 pm

That's pretty funny.

Well, I'm "tempted" to start a spiritual discussion, but that may anger the "powers that be" and other forum members. All I'm gonna say is I believe in God. Quite frankly, I don't know where I'd be without Him.

Fair enough - you believe in Nigel, I don't.

I'd better add that another episode of OHG states that God's first name is Nigel - hence my above remark.

quote:
End of discussion. NEXT! LOL. Sorry I couldn't resist. [:o)][:D]

Thank-you, Kameamea!
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:47 pm

Nigel Hawthorne? Where's Basil Rathbone? Eating a hambone?
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:48 pm

Nigel Hawthorne? Where's Basil Rathbone? Eating a hambone?

You're getting confusing now - you'll be chasing your tail in circles in a minute!
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:51 pm

I take offense, SIR! I certainly do not have a tail! I have BUTT-OCKS, SIR!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:52 pm

I take offense, SIR! I certainly do not have a tail! I have BUTT-OCKS, SIR!

OK, you'll be chasing your BUTT-OCKS in a minute, SIR! [;)]
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC