The Flag

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:49 am

quote:"we can laugh at our own failures, but will staunchly defend them when they are criticised by others".

EXACTLY, Liam! Here! Here!

Basically, like I said, I just don't like people from other countries (whether they be from Germany or Canada or Ethiopia, it doesn't really matter), acting like THEY know more than ME about MY OWN country. That REALLY ticks me off. Somehow this person thinks he knows more about my country's history than I do. Unreal.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:53 am

I see where you're coming from. I just don't like anybody being overly patriotically arrogant. And it just so happens that the worst nations for over-patriotism are, in order:

1. America
2. France
3. Britain

SATAN: It's so easy to tell when an Englishman is deluding himself - all you have to do is listen out for the phrase "the best in the world".
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:55 am

quote:SATAN: It's so easy to tell when an Englishman is deluding himself - all you have to do is listen out for the phrase "the best in the world".

Haha, that's pretty good. So, are you implying that you are the best, SIR?? [}:)][:p][:D]
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:59 am

I have never said anything to that effect. I do not know what the greatest nation in the world is - all I know is what the pre-requisites are. The greatest nation in the world would be the nation who sets the best example for other nations to follow. A nation who is at war with nobody, that has less crime than any other, and who is in complete harmony with itself and others.

New question: does such a nation exist?
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:00 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
And it just so happens that the worst nations for over-patriotism are, in order:

1. America
2. France
3. Britain
That's another uninformed stupid statement, Liam. I don't know how you can even say that. And you seem to be a bright kid. Amazing, and sad. I take offense to the word "ARE", as if it's the "word". You can comment on your own country, but please don't even pretend you have the right to comment on ours, especially on the subject of patriotism. You still have me pissed off about your ignorant 9/11 comments. You should leave this one alone and get back to your snooker game----a.k.a. something you know.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:10 am

Firstly, your offense at my patriotism analysis only proves its authenticity, I am sad to say.

As for "ignorant comments about 9/11"? Well, all right. Let's have it.

WHY can nothing ever compare to those attacks?

Is it because the terrorists simply took out a bigger target? Is it because in this one incident, more lives were lost than any other single attack? Or is it simply because it happened in America?

It is a sad fact, but Americans do have a heightened sense of their own importance on the world stage . . . and even on this forum. You Americans have made a lot of assumptions on here - treated this forum in places like an "Americans-only" club, and sometimes ignored the fact that there are non-Americans who enjoy this place just as much, or even ignored the fact that they matter. It is a great pity. Now, I have a number of online friends from the USA, but as a nation, you could all learn a lot. Sorry, but it's true.
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:14 am

And yes, I do realise that my actions on here can be described as hypocritical. I accept that. But surely I'm entitled to my views as much as the next man. I didn't like having to say some of the things I have said previously, but there you go. I'd rather have my views out in the open and all that.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:21 am

Those comments don't even deserve a reply from me, but I must. You've proven to be more arogant on the subject than I thought possible. And your comment about "proving it's authenticity" is ignorant and lacks any meaningful thought. I do not have to defend my thoughts on the tragedy of 9/11. As many have said, we will see how you feel about us when your country or others desperately need our help again. Stick to the music.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Nature Boy » Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:34 pm

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy!! Americans bathe!
Nature Boy

Postby Aujouret » Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:43 am

I am sorry I brought it up!!!!
Can't we all kiss and make up?
I didn't mean to start a political debate!
I'm sorry.
Give Peace A Chance.
Please.[:)]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC