The Flag

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Len » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:40 pm

Unbelievable. I just wanted to see if things had returned to normal around here. Oh well.

Nice to see I'm remembered as the guy who ran off when things got heated. People, I have never ran, nor will I ever run, from a debate or discussion. But there is no arguing with people who have made up their minds and refuse to take a few steps back and see the big picture. That is why I went, and that is why I don't see any reason to stay here, in spite of my misguided optimism believing that things might have lightened up around here.

Today, more than ever, I have nothing but utter contempt for your un-elected president Bush. It's bad enough the guy can't string together a coherent sentence if his life depended on it (not an unreasonable thing to expect from the so-called leader of the free world), his good-ole-Texas-boy "yee-haw, let's saddle up them horses and kill us sum bad guys" routine is, quite frankly, very disturbing. He doesn't have anything to hold over Iraq, apart from his usual "after all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad" rant, apparently forgetting it was his dad who gave Iraq the means to do some serious damage in the first place. There is no proof that ties Iraq to the terrorists who attacked NYC and the Pentagon. In fact, muslim extremists are not a big fan of Saddam Hussein at all. There is plenty of evidence linking them to Saudi Arabia though, but Bush is conveniently overlooking this fact, because he needs them.

The only reason this moron is even in the White House is because of the influence his equally moronic dad still has, and because he cheated his way through the elections in 2000. The only reason Bush even knows his ass from his face is probably because that's where he's keeping his wallet. And that is what this so-called "war" is all about. Money. The tragedy on 9/11 couldn't have come at a better time for Bush ("looks like I've hit the trifecta"), and the countless people in the US who follow him blindly, saying "he may not be the smartest man, but he IS my leader" are so blinded by his Oscar-worthy performance that they fail to see how dangerous this man really is. You call yourselves patriots, but yet you all follow a man who has shown nothing but ignorance and comtempt for national and international issues, and, worst of all, your own Constitution.

Ram, nice to see you want to at least have things accomplished. But giving your beloved leader complete power to blow up anyone he doesn't like or who stands in the way of him getting his greedy little hands on some more oil, is not the way to accomplish something.

Guys, attacking your fellow-posters from Europe is exactly the same as running. I don't see a debate here. What I see here is the typical Bushian attitude of "either you're with us, or you're against us". I guess the word "nuance" isn't one Bush knows. But then, that's not the only word he doesn't know.

No matter how much I, or any other non-American poster, goes on about how much they love the USA, some of you just don't get it. Today your government has given your leader carte blanche to do whatever his spoiled little rich kid's heart desires. Grieving about lost loved ones is right. You should. But think about all the young people in the US troops who are about to get their heads blown off for a few gallons of oil. That's not right. For 30 years, the USA was on less than friendly terms with Russia. Nothing ever escalated, because both parties had the means to wipe each other out, and both the American and Russian leaders knew this. That's why the war was only a cold one, and thank goodness for that.

I guess none of that really matters anymore. Let's give some more countries a reason to hate America. That will certainly take care of the terrorism problem.

I'm done now. Just wanted to step in and help out my fellow Europeans. They choose to stay here, so cut them a break. But please, inform yourselves of what the hell is going on before attacking anyone who has a different opinion.
Len

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:22 pm

quote:But please, inform yourselves of what the hell is going on before attacking anyone who has a different opinion.

Well, I don't feel "informed" because you didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, man. I think I know a thing or two about my own country. And as for your endless "follow Bush blindly" rant, I for one, do not follow ANYBODY blindly. I never once said I agree or disagree about Bush taking us into Iraq.

quote: But giving your beloved leader complete power to blow up anyone he doesn't like or who stands in the way of him getting his greedy little hands on some more oil, is not the way to accomplish something.

Um, I didn't give my President or anyone else for that matter "power to blow up" anybody. The President and the Congress decide war plans, not the public. I have no control over what Dick Gephart or Tom Daschle do in Congressional chambers.I could challenge a few other inaccurate statements you've made, but I really don't feel like it right now.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:31 pm

Unreal. Not worth replying to, really. Too bad.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:11 pm

As usual, our overseas friends show how uninformed, narrow minded, and utterly clueless they are on Geopolitical events. How can our overseas friends and northern neighbors be so smart when it comes to the land of Macca and so utterly befuddled when it comes to the world of politics.

As i sadly read your posts, i am just clinging to the fact that your voice will be one of millions that eventually will ask our great nation for help and guidance when the Axis of evil once again attacks your freedom. When that does happen, try to sound a little more grateful when we bail you out again.

Keep the posts centered around McCartney issues and you want be over your head like you clearly are on these threads.

Stick to naming your favorite Macca album and why Linda's veggie food was tasty - leave the politics/world affairs to the Americans
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:27 pm

quote:Stick to naming your favorite Macca album and why Linda's veggie food was tasty - leave the politics/world affairs to the Americans

LMAO!!

In all seriousness, I once again agree with Chris on world politics. As much as a lot of Europeans complain about the "barbaric" Americans, we'll be the first ones you call when the going gets rough.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:28 am

quote:Originally posted by Brains
Don't let that patriotism bother you while discussing Paul. After all, that's the main reason we're here. Please don't go outta here like Len did.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to stop these political postings, no offence Auj, cause it's kinda ruining the athmosphere on this board.

Ya know, brains, I think you're right.
It wasn't my intention to start a political debate at all.
I only was thinking that every time that I see the flag, I think of that terrible sad day.
It's the sadness that I think of.
The tragedy of those lost people.
Sitting on the sette, seeing the towers come down and watching the other news of that day.
I don't think that saddness will ever leave really.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Brains » Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:50 am

There we go again. People, international politics isn't something to get all pissed at each other on this forum. Whether Ram or Band On The Run is Paul's best album, that's the point at issue here. It's supposed to be for fun. For a discussion on the supposed attack on Iraq I'll go somewhere else.

We've clearly established that Americans and Europeans differ in their political ideas. Let's leave it at that. We're no politicians (thank god) so there's no need to convince each other of our different views. Please, everyone: refrain from these political postings. We see that it's destroying the good mood we've always had on this forum.

quote:Originally posted by Dsnito
Peace.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:54 am

quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
As usual, our overseas friends show how uninformed, narrow minded, and utterly clueless they are on Geopolitical events. How can our overseas friends and northern neighbors be so smart when it comes to the land of Macca and so utterly befuddled when it comes to the world of politics.

As i sadly read your posts, i am just clinging to the fact that your voice will be one of millions that eventually will ask our great nation for help and guidance when the Axis of evil once again attacks your freedom. When that does happen, try to sound a little more grateful when we bail you out again.

Keep the posts centered around McCartney issues and you want be over your head like you clearly are on these threads.

Stick to naming your favorite Macca album and why Linda's veggie food was tasty - leave the politics/world affairs to the Americans

I'm turning in my grave with all this.

Here's a question for you, Speers, as you have said many times that you believe America is the greatest nation in the world. Here's the question:

WHY?

What makes America the greatest in your opinion?
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:42 am

quote:There we go again. People, international politics isn't something to get all pissed at each other on this forum. Whether Ram or Band On The Run is Paul's best album, that's the point at issue here. It's supposed to be for fun. For a discussion on the supposed attack on Iraq I'll go somewhere else.

We've clearly established that Americans and Europeans differ in their political ideas. Let's leave it at that. We're no politicians (thank god) so there's no need to convince each other of our different views. Please, everyone: refrain from these political postings. We see that it's destroying the good mood we've always had on this forum.

I agree with you, Brains. However, when ignorance is posted by people who think they know everything about OUR country, then I for one, am going to respond.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:44 am

I actually understand where you're coming from, Ram. On a couple of occasions, someone on here has taken a swipe at British standards, and I have defended them. It's like the old thing of "we can laugh at our own failures, but will staunchly defend them when they are criticised by others".
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC