The Flag

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

The Flag

Postby Aujouret » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:23 am

This topic isn't Paul or even music related.
Sorry.
I was thinking that everytime I see the USA flag I think of 9/11.
I was asking my coworkers if they are having a similar reaction.
Does anyone here have this reaction too?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Thomas » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:38 pm

no, I'm sorry I don't but I can understand you feel that way
Thomas

Postby Ram1 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:03 pm

Sure do, Auj. It's understandable that you don't I guess, Thomas, since you're not an American.
Ram1

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:13 pm

Don't be sorry about it not being Paul or music related, Aujouret. That's what NPC is for. And I agree with you and Ram1. Every time I see the flag now, I think of 9/11, and I feel a mix of sorrow and patriotism. Great topic and post, Aujouret. The only thing bad about this topic is that I can see SOME of our close-minded and ignorant friends overseas making some stupid comments about America like they have in the past. I can just feel it....
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Ram1 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:18 pm

quote:The only thing bad about this topic is that I can see SOME of our close-minded and ignorant friends overseas making some stupid comments about America like they have in the past. I can just feel it....

I agree with you that it might happen, dude. But you're probably just starting the trouble yourself with that post.
Ram1

Postby Brains » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:17 pm

Don't worry, guys[;)]

edit: When you saw "last post by Brains" did you think "oh no, here he goes again?"
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:43 pm

quote:Originally posted by RedRoseSpeedway
Every time I see the flag now, I think of 9/11, and I feel a mix of sorrow and patriotism. Great topic and post, Aujouret. I couldn't agree more.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jet » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by RedRoseSpeedway
Don't be sorry about it not being Paul or music related, Aujouret. That's what NPC is for. And I agree with you and Ram1. Every time I see the flag now, I think of 9/11, and I feel a mix of sorrow and patriotism. Great topic and post, Aujouret. The only thing bad about this topic is that I can see SOME of our close-minded and ignorant friends overseas making some stupid comments about America like they have in the past. I can just feel it....
I can assure you though that I won't be one of the people doing so (and I hope noone does). There's enough bad feeling in the world these days as it is.
jet

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:37 pm

People should respect the flag, the country, and the great number of men and women who died for freedom. The flag represents a lot more than just fabric. That's why i wanna puke when i see people in Iraq or France burning the flag.

I also get upset when i see Bono use the flag to be sown onto his lame ass jacket or see other European groups who use the flag as a means to "get over" on a US crowd. The flag is not a tee-shirt, jacket, or a fashion accessory ...To see it that way or as a blouse for Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears - makes me want to vomit. Unfortunately, it's people like Bono and Sting who were trying to rip Reagan and democratic ideals in their music not too long ago (Bullet the Blue Sky, etc). Hypocrites like that are no friends of our country. That's why i dig Neil Young, Macca, or Billy Joel. They're not a bunch of bandwagon jumpers.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:04 am

I've got some American friends. I've been twice to your country (NY and Seattle) and I love it, (I liked Canada more but that's personal). I have also some patriotism and I'm proud to be dutch. I also have some comments about the way things are arranged in the US and there are some things I don't understand and disagree with (they have nothing to do with 9/11) but hey, nobody's perfect right?

I don't think this is the place or the topic to critisize each other about their homecountry

respect to you all,
Thomas

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC