Guns 'n Roses

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Guns 'n Roses

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:37 am

While we are talking about other bands here. What do you think of GnR?
I liked their old stuff (Apetite for destruction and the use your ilussions) but √°fter Slash quit I've lost my interest in the band. It took Axl more than 10 years to make a new record. If he's still the crazy neurotic egocentric singer that he has been his come back won't last long.
My favourite songs are Estranged, Don't cry and sweet child o'mine. I thought that their LIve and let die is ok.
Thomas

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:00 am

Appetite is great. And from what I remember of the Illusions albums, they were good too. But you're right, if Axl is still the whiny, bratty, egocentric prima donna that he was before, this comeback won't last long. By the way, I thought their performance at the MTV Video Awards last month was horrible. I mean, the music was good, but Axl's voice was horiffic. It's like he was a shell of his former self. Pretty embarrassing, and definitely sad. (At least to me.) It was a huge surprise that they came out and played though, and the audience went wild. So that was cool.
Ram1

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:05 am

I haven't seen that. In my opinion a great rockband needs more than just a frontman. You'll need the frontman AND the guitarist. Look at Mick and Keith, Robert and Jimmy, Roger and Pete, Freddie and Brian, Jon and Ritchie, Steve and Joe, Bono and The Edge and Axl and Slash.
(this is a good idea for a new topic, the best singer/guitarist duo in rock music or something like that)
Slash is gone so Axl has to do it alone and I'm not sure if he is able to do that. He's not that good of a singer and frontman
Thomas

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:51 pm

Right--I read an article yesterday that said Axl is the only orig member left. Slash was awesome....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:45 am

I've never rated these guys personally. My mother once got me a tape of theirs, and I had a listen and hated it. Nor was I impressed by them at the Freddie Mercury tribute. But that's just me. I acknowledge that they have, over many years, been highly successful as a hard rockin' band, I just don't like their music.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC