Champions League

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:25 am

Liam, my friend, you're absolutley right. American footballers are dressed up like Robocop. Rugbyplayers have a sweater with their colours and that's it. Same goes for footballplayers (except for the goalie offcourse)
allthough one can''t say that Beckham is made of sterner stuff. He's made buy his hairdesigner [:D]

What do you think is the best team in this years Champions league? and in the premiership?
Thomas

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:27 am

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
Liam, my friend, you're absolutley right. American footballers are dressed up like Robocop. Rugbyplayers have a sweater with their colours and that's it. Same goes for footballplayers (except for the goalie offcourse)
allthough one can''t say that Beckham is made of sterner stuff. He's made buy his hairdesigner [:D]

Well, they are made of sterner stuff - even Beckham. I hate to admit it, mind . . .

quote:
What do you think is the best team in this years Champions league? and in the premiership?

Well, I actually do not like football. It is massively overhyped, and I am automatically against overhyping. Sorry and all that . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:37 am

OK, doesn't matter to me if you don't like it. One can't please them all. I don't like the Lord of the Rings books and movies.
Thomas

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:04 am

Hmmm....I think I'm gonna have to...uh....DISAGREE with the "armour" and "robocop" comments. Football is the contact sport of all contact sports. If players didn't wear pads, they'd be getting killed and paralyzed all the time. There is HARDLY the same amount of contact in Euro. football than there is in American football. Rugby comes close. That is a brutal game! My brother played a little bit in college. However, in rugby, you don't generally run at top speed head to head with another player. Furthermore, the tackling is much different than football. In rugby, from what I've seen, the players more "wrestle" with each other to bring each other down. In American football, players come FULL FORCE at another human being and HIT the CRAP out of them to bring them down. There's no way football players can play without pads and helmet. Like I said earlier, I've played BOTH football and soccer competitively, so I think I have an excellent understanding of both sports. And I'm telling you, "soccer" doesn't even compare to the toughness associated with football. It's not even close.
Ram1

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:10 am

still, the Idea of thuis topic was to talk about the Champions League. Not to have a look at the similarities and the differences between American football and soccer.
You can't compare the two sports
Thomas

Postby Ram1 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:16 am

Geesh, sorry for going off your topic, Thomas, SIR! Hey, you guys made some comments that I felt were inaccurate, so I responded, dude. You're the one who opened the thread saying American football was "boring". So naturally I'm gonna respond. I'm sure you'd do the same if I called Euro. football boring. Then you guys went on to insinuate that American football players weren't tough because of their protective wear, which is ridiculous. So I responded.
Ram1

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:25 am

It's OK. I still think it's a boring game. I didn't meant to insult you. If I did that than I'm sorry.

About some other sports (now I'm really going off topic)
I think baseball is boring too. I've seen a baseball game in Seattle in July '99 and I almost fell asleep. I've also been to a Ranger game in MSG when I was in NY in '95 and that was great. I like to watch Hockey but I don't follow the NHL and I can't name any players.
I like to watch Formule 1 racing but this year it was pretty boring too because the ferrari's where way to fast, the hardly had any competition from the other teams.
Thomas

Postby Steve-o » Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:55 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Geesh, sorry for going off your topic, Thomas, SIR! Hey, you guys made some comments that I felt were inaccurate, so I responded, dude. You're the one who opened the thread saying American football was "boring". So naturally I'm gonna respond. I'm sure you'd do the same if I called Euro. football boring. Then you guys went on to insinuate that American football players weren't tough because of their protective wear, which is ridiculous. So I responded.
Absolutely...the contact is about 100 times more fierce than any other game anywhere. And no insults taken, amn. I dont like soccer and it bores the crap out of me. Like I said--its what we are brought up on....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:50 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Hmmm....I think I'm gonna have to...uh....DISAGREE with the "armour" and "robocop" comments. Football is the contact sport of all contact sports. If players didn't wear pads, they'd be getting killed and paralyzed all the time. There is HARDLY the same amount of contact in Euro. football than there is in American football. Rugby comes close. That is a brutal game! My brother played a little bit in college. However, in rugby, you don't generally run at top speed head to head with another player. Furthermore, the tackling is much different than football. In rugby, from what I've seen, the players more "wrestle" with each other to bring each other down. In American football, players come FULL FORCE at another human being and HIT the CRAP out of them to bring them down. There's no way football players can play without pads and helmet. Like I said earlier, I've played BOTH football and soccer competitively, so I think I have an excellent understanding of both sports. And I'm telling you, "soccer" doesn't even compare to the toughness associated with football. It's not even close.

Try rugby then. Sorry and all, but you guys are wimps in comparison.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:04 am

Absurd.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC