Simon & Garfunkel

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Simon & Garfunkel

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:32 pm

What with all the hullaballoo (sp?) going on here of late, I'd forgotten to add my other favourite act . . . anyone else love 'em? The Boxer . . . one of my favourite atmospheric non-piano songs, The Dangling Conversation . . . I could go on all night about these guys . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:40 pm

Please don't. LOL But I was a big fan back in the day. Some of it has aged well, some not. Paul Simon was a great songwriter, IMHO. Artie had some great pipes.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:42 pm

Agreed. There ARE a few songs, mainly earlier ones, that I'm not overly thrilled with, but PSRT and BOTW are two fantastic albums, which I would recommend to all.
Liam OSM

Postby JettRyder » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:47 pm

my favorite Paul Simon album is There Goes Rhymin Simon. Love the songs that were not the hits (Learn How To Fall, One Man's Ceiling Is Another Man's Floor, Take Me To The Mardi Gras). My favorite S&G songs are Sound of Silence and America.
Paul Simon is one artist I have not seen in concert. Hope to get to do that before I get put in a box.
JettRyder

Postby megs » Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:50 pm

they have a few songs that i like but other than that i dont really like them that much[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:16 pm

every once in a while I get in the mood to listen to jim croce, cat stevens, and simon and garfunkel. "Scarborough fair" is my favorite s&g song. They were definitely a great duo.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:44 pm

IMHO, "The Graduate" would not have been the same without the S & G songs.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:13 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
IMHO, "The Graduate" would not have been the same without the S & G songs.

Undoubtedly - and because of it, we got "Mrs Robinson" - one of the catchiest songs ever written - although I don't hugely care for Sinatra's cover of it . . .

Sinatra sang Mrs Robinson,
but he filled it up with all that jazz . . . razmatazz . . .
Not like the first Mrs Robinson,
such a catchy song on that guitar - ra-ra-ra . . . ha-ha-ha . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:55 am

I have one cd grom these guys. The definitive Simon and Garfunkel. Verry relaxing music, some great melodies nut I don't feel the urge to get more cd's from them. first my Paul collection needs te be complete
Thomas

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:57 am

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
I have one cd grom these guys. The definitive Simon and Garfunkel. Verry relaxing music, some great melodies nut I don't feel the urge to get more cd's from them. first my Paul collection needs te be complete

I presume you mean Paul McCartney, not Paul Simon!

But I would recommend the albums "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water". You can probably get by with just the definitive thing you've got, but I strongly suggest you get PSRT. It's great!
Liam OSM

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC