Bobby Baccala and the parallel to Paul

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Bobby Baccala and the parallel to Paul

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:36 pm

On the Sopranos tonight, there are some interesting dynamics. Uncle Jun's loyal right hand man , Bobby Baccala, suffered a devastating unexpected loss when his wife was killed in a traffic accident.

It seems Bobby Baccalla is the only guy in the sopranos who was truly in love with his wife and did not sleep around with her. Furthermore, the devastation of his loss and his complete breakdown proved to be endearing to all of the women on the show. All of whom projected Bobby's love for his wife into their current relationships. All of whom pined for the love Bobby had for his wife and all of the women realized how sad their relationships with their husbands are.

Which brings up the dynamic. It seems to me that this loss is somewhat similiar to Paul's behavior with his wife. When his wife died, i always felt that many women (most men) pined for the kind of stability and natural love that existed to them. It seems to me that when People looked at Paul and Linda, they thought of their relationship in almost "ideal/fantasy" state. Oh, if only i could have that, they claim - it was perfect.

As usual, the symbolism within the show was right on the money. One can't help but think if the writers were trying to make a point there. I was half expected someone to state "Bobby and Karen haven't spent a night apart since they were married".

Bobby Baccala is becoming a very important symbol on the show. He seems to be the only decent person on the show. It's seems like he may become the "moral center" of the show.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:39 pm

He always has been, I think. And that skank janice is starting to make eyes at him. Not to mention her disgusting B.O.B. performance on Ralphie, lol
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:43 pm

No, i don't think Janice was making eyes at Bobby. I think she was probably moved at his very emotional outburst. Hence - the point - even Janice was moved by the emotion of it.

The way Jun just crapped on Bobby in his weak moment and the lack of support from the other made guys proves how selfish the guys are
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:48 pm

Well, maybe not AT him, but someone LIKE him. Her character needs to get back on the bus to Seattle. I'd rather have a bit more of Med. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC