Anybody heard from Steve-o?

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby mi » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:09 am

Highamster wrote:
mi wrote:Yes, congratulations master - I was wondering where you've been.
By the way - Liverpool is a beautiful city. I was there three months ago. I would have told you but you weren't around.

So that would have made it Octoberish? Darn. You should have waited until August, or have came in August to catch Mathew Street Fesival. We had The Pretenders last year. And a fair few Merseybeat bands playing.
Thanks for the congrats though. :)

Yeah, well...I can't just take a few days off at work whenever I like. October was our holiday season and both my husband and I got vacation, so we said "OK, it's now or...goodness knows when". Cost us more than we could afford but...it was worth it (just look at my avatar...).
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby funkbeatle » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:31 pm

Some guys go, disappear and come back(like me)after awhile, well, everyone has to take care of his own life. Curious that the top posters are absent lately except Bluebird. Steve may come back at any moment, you can be sure.
funkbeatle

Postby EddieV » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:39 pm

funkbeatle wrote:Some guys go, disappear and come back(like me)after awhile, well, everyone has to take care of his own life. Curious that the top posters are absent lately except Bluebird. Steve may come back at any moment, you can be sure.

What about me? :lol:
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby single pigeon 2 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:08 am

just been looking through some of the old posts. I forgot what a great time we all used to have. Where has everybody gone,Ram 1, steve o, liam osm, scrodfish, where are you all?? :( .
Hope you are all ok, had a real laugh at some of our old chats :lol: .
Charlie says Hi and he is 3 now!!! Scary :shock:.
Hope some of you come back to chat soon, miss you.
climb on the back and we,ll go for a ride in the sky.
single pigeon 2

Postby jules » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:25 pm

I used to enjoy Liam OSM's posts. I didn't always agree but that, of course, made it all the more interesting.
jules

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:47 am

I'd say the old guard (RAM, STEVE-O and the like) is passing the stick over to the new generation of forum members. As for me, I'm facing forum retirement - feeling out of sinc with most of the crowd that write in this Macca Forum these days....
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:07 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:I'd say the old guard (RAM, STEVE-O and the like) is passing the stick over to the new generation of forum members. As for me, I'm facing forum retirement - feeling out of sinc with most of the crowd that write in this Macca Forum these days....

I'm very sorry to hear that...and sorry you feel that way :?
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paulo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:21 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:I'd say the old guard (RAM, STEVE-O and the like) is passing the stick over to the new generation of forum members. As for me, I'm facing forum retirement - feeling out of sinc with most of the crowd that write in this Macca Forum these days....

Berkeleyan, why do you say so? I like your posts very much. And, thou I'm not one of the most regular members, I feel the atmosphere here is quite good, if you compare it with PM.com, for instance, wich I don't appreciate at all (inspite of being a member too, of course).

It's only natural that people sometimes disagree on some topics, but that's just part of the fun.

Please do reconsider, ok?
Paulo
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:41 pm

Paulo wrote:

Berkeleyan, why do you say so? I like your posts very much. And, thou I'm not one of the most regular members, I feel the atmosphere here is quite good, if you compare it with PM.com, for instance, wich I don't appreciate at all (inspite of being a member too, of course).

It's only natural that people sometimes disagree on some topics, but that's just part of the fun.

Please do reconsider, ok?

Hi Paulo, Hi Guru

Thank you for the words of encouragement. My words above may sound bitter and sad, but that's NOT the case. I'm fine, I still enjoy posting and reading posts from fellow forum members. Further, I have NO problems with people who disagree w/ me or are in a different wavelength than me.
That's life. The thing is, sometimes I feel I;m out of touch with many of you that write in this Forum. For instance, I don't follow closely day to day events and gossip and the like; I do NOT like the large majority of bands and artists that create the today's sound (like Keane, Coldplay, Robbie, Beyonce, etc., etc.). But hey, that's just me. I just love old stuff: Beatles, The Who, Deep Purple, etc.etc., Wings, Solo Beatles (well not all of their albums), etc., etc. In addition to that, I don't feel like discussing current events that display anger, killings and wars, the Bush and other administrations and other subjects that disgust me. I'm all for peace and love.

Anyway, I'll be posting occasionally (not much time for that anyway) since I enjoy the forum and the large majority of its members. But the thing is, it's inevitabel that sooner or later a cahnge of guard will occurr (if it hasn't occurred yet) in this forum and since I pretty much only like"old stuff", I get out of touch and disposition to write about contemporary stuff - unless it's a good opportunity to POKE FUN at some issue or person that deserves it !

This is it in a nutshell. I'm not leaving just now, but I might, in the near future - or just slowly fade away in the e-fogs......
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan

Postby Bluebird » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:56 am

Berkeleyan: I do understand your decision. Time always changes. But I think we have had some great years on this board so far.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC