British rock stars

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 28, 2002 2:31 pm

We disagree. But, i don't put those stereotypes into cultures. I just think black musicians are better. And i am amazed at the dominance of the Williams' sisters in the tennis world.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:45 pm

quote:And i am amazed at the dominance of the Williams' sisters in the tennis world.

But what does that have to do with them being black, Chris??
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:27 pm

Well, considering they weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth, didn't go to a fine tennis academy, didn't have a lot of coaching, it's all about their talent, their drive, and their determination to be the best. The jealousy of Capriati and others is astounding
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:24 pm

There's no doubt about the jealousy, man. Racism is alive and well in the tennis world. If it were a WHITE set of sisters, there would be jealousy amongst other players, but NOWHERE near as bad as it is since the William's sister's are BLACK. Same thing with Tiger and golf.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:24 am

Is this the Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder or Al Campanis forum? geez. I have to say, I HATE sterotyping. Dark age thinking.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:25 am

Here! Here!
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:27 am

NITO can speak to this much better than I can, of course, but when I was in Brasil, I was astounded by the total absence of prejudice of any kind. Amazing and quite refreshing.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:12 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
NITO can speak to this much better than I can, of course, but when I was in Brasil, I was astounded by the total absence of prejudice of any kind. Amazing and quite refreshing.

Firstly, "Brasil"? [;)]

Secondly, I suppose that prejudice is always going to crop up somewhere - it does appear to crop up here a lot. Being the token Brit of any significance in this forum, I have to stand up for British rock stars, and say that regardless of their lifestyle, they have made some great music. And that's what matters in the long run. So don't have a go at people like Freddie Mercury for being extravagant - I mean, of course I wish he had been a little more on the rails, but did it have any bearing on his musical ability? Did it fairy-cakes!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:23 am

'Brasil' is how it's spelled in Latin America. Fairy-cakes! LOL
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:57 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
'Brasil' is how it's spelled in Latin America.

Fair enough.

quote:
Fairy-cakes! LOL

One of the many expressions we have like that - you know - "did he do well? Did he my arse". You get the idea. I hope . . .
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC