Current acts that you DO like

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby megs » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:09 pm

the only song i like by Dylan is the "story of hurricane" i think thats the title i hate the song by him, i dont know the title but the main line in it is "everybody must get stoned"[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:11 pm

quote:What about Bob Dylan? Supposed to be the greatest lyricist ever, but he can't sing and his songs are boring (my humble opinion, I don't know much of him).

Brains, I used to think the exact same thing. Until I bought his highly acclaimed album 'Love and Theft' which came out last year. AWESOME, man! It's more rock/blues than it is folky. And the lyrics on the album(Liam will appreciate this) are awesome! Very, very good album. I highly suggest it. Ol' Bob has actually been churning out some great albums the last few years. His album before Love and Theft, 'Time Out of Mind' actually won Album of the Year at the Grammys. I'm gonna pick that one up too, one of these days. Basically, I never FULLY appreciated Dylan until I bought one of his albums. It definitely changed my mind about him.

PS--His voice definitely is an acquired taste. But once you get used to it and how it meshes with the songs, you forget all about it. Before I bought Love and Theft, I could hardly understand a word the man was singing. Now his singing is pretty clear to me.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:17 pm

quote:"everybody must get stoned"

Yeah Megs, that's a great song. I believe it's the song 'Rainy Day Women #12 and 35' from his Blonde on Blonde album.

quote: i dont like bruce springstein but his music's getting better

Just curious, what exactly do you mean, Megs? Are you saying that you are growing more intersted in him, or that his music is getting better?
Ram1

Postby megs » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:17 pm

i can understand what he's singing in his older stuff but now everything he sings is slured together[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:39 pm

current acts? hmmmm....

chili peppers are cool
sum 41-they had a song called "fat lip". The only song I heard from them, but I liked it.
Destinys child-I really like them. They can sing!
Tantric-someone burned me their cd. not bad at all.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:54 pm

I have the Sum 41 album, Scrod. It is REALLY good. You should get it. It's funny, I usually laugh at these young punk bands out today because their music is so weak. But I have to say, Sum 41 is the exception. The album rocks. They were really influenced by metal too, so it's this awesome combination of punk and metal guitar lines. It's great.
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:31 am

sweet. I'll add it to my list.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:08 am

Scrod--check out my uncles Beach Boy song on the lynard Skynard thread....[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:23 am

excellent-[:D]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:51 pm

Current acts must mean younger acts, right?
You know, the truth is, I never get a chance to listen to them. I'm always listening to Beatles or other older acts to get into the younger ones.
Unfortunately I only have 2 ears and limited time, what with working.
I did like that comet that went through Seattle in the early 90s.
Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Cracker, Candlebox, & Soundgarden.
That was super. Very talented people there, but I seem to have lost interest in some of them. Their later stuff didn't seem as good in some cases.
I love lots of older bands. I saw Bruce in August and I might go see the Stones, if I can afford it. IF!
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC