Electric Light Orchestra

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:11 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
What I mean is, ELO made the same sort of strides in musical advancement in the 70s that The Beatles did in the 60s.
Liam--I KNOW what you mean, and I disagree--STRONGLY. That is so far off base, it doesn't even deserve a mnetion. Seriously...I can read---I don't agree.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:13 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
What I mean is, ELO made the same sort of strides in musical advancement in the 70s that The Beatles did in the 60s.
Liam--I KNOW what you mean, and I disagree--STRONGLY. That is so far off base, it doesn't even deserve a mnetion. Seriously...I can read---I don't agree.

Fair enough - I can't help it if my tastes are radically different to the rest of yours . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:16 pm

That has nothing to do with taste. You are stating an opinion--I stated mine. It's all cool. But you are WAY off base there, Liam.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:22 pm

That has nothing to do with taste. You are stating an opinion--I stated mine. It's all cool. But you are WAY off base there, Liam.

I realise that it's all a matter of opinions, it all depends on whether you like a particular act. I have always felt a certain Beatleness to ELO's music - and these guys did take great strides in musical advancement. With these two opinions, my statement follows on naturally - I guess you just have to like them. I do. That's all.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:50 pm

Certainly there was a beatleness to ELO...the guy ripped off the beatles almost as much as Liam and Noel
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:51 pm

Certainly there was a beatleness to ELO...the guy ripped off the beatles almost as much as Liam and Noel

Why do you feel Jeff Lynne was a Beatle rip off?

As for Oasis, I don't mind them, but I'm not a fan.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:55 pm

I said that i was a fan of ELO, and I do like some OASIS...JL was a beatle wanna be--plain an simple. He couldnt wait to get his hands on Paul's stuff, man.

Liam--are you smoking crack today? You dont seem to be listening OR reading very well.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:58 pm

I said that i was a fan of ELO, and I do like some OASIS...JL was a beatle wanna be--plain an simple. He couldnt wait to get his hands on Paul's stuff, man.

Liam--are you smoking crack today? You dont seem to be listening OR reading very well.

I presume with Lynne on Paul's stuff, we mean Flaming Pie?

As for your accusation, I wouldn't touch any drugs like that with a barge pole! I think I'm getting a little bit defensive again - possibly because it seems that all the other acts I really love don't seem to share such a high position with other people. As for not listening or reading very well, maybe I'm still edgy on a few things - some outside the forums. Maybe I'm just in a funny mood. Been that sort of day.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:11 pm

Liam---when someone says that, they mean ARE YOU NUTS? LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:20 am

Liam---when someone says that, they mean ARE YOU NUTS? LOL

I realise the figurative indications of your verbal deliberation concerning your enquiry as to whether I have in some way made the utilisation of certain mentally stimulating substances of a questionable and not entirely lawful nature; I simply find the literal phrasing of such a question to be offensive to the nature of my generally moral aware person.
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC