Bryan Adams

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Bryan Adams

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:32 am

OK, here we go with another of these . . . any other Bryan Adams fans out there? I saw him live at Sheffield Arena six months ago - one of the best nights out of my life. He has rapidly become one of my favourite artists . . . Reckless and Into The Fire, two brilliant albums . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:35 am

Puker Alert!! Nah, not that bad, but I could never get going with B. Adams. I like Summer of '69 and some of his older songs. But other than that.....But then again, maybe I just need to hear more. I guess one thing that always turned me off was his voice. Sounds like sandpaper.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:38 am

I guess it's the kind of voice you either like or you don't. Have you heard his MTV Unplugged album from 1997? Great stuff on there - "When You Love Someone" is one of my very favourite songs by anybody, in an elite group with six others. 1984-1991 was definitely his peak, overall, his last studio album, On A Day Like Today, wasn't anything to write home about. I havent' got his new soundtrack album as yet though - but I do plan on it . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:44 pm

I never thought the sun rose and shined on Bry[^]an Adams. But, i gotta tell ya that hip-hop slow version re-make of Bryan adams' HEaven is catchy as all hell
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:25 pm

I have seen bits and peices of the unplugged show. What I saw of it was pretty good. I don't have any of his albums, probably because that damn song from the robin hood movie was soo overplayed that I couldn't stand to listen to him anymore. I do have "summer of 69"
on cd somewhere though. I always liked that one.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Brains » Sat Sep 28, 2002 2:34 am

Generally I don't like BA. Summer of 69 is good, and Everything I Do is great, can't be played enough for me. But other than that, it's puker alert, like Ram said. Too mushy, slick, pretending to be rock n roll with his sandpaper voice.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:36 am

quote:Originally posted by Brains
Generally I don't like BA. Summer of 69 is good, and Everything I Do is great, can't be played enough for me. But other than that, it's puker alert, like Ram said. Too mushy, slick, pretending to be rock n roll with his sandpaper voice.

Sandpaper voice . . . mushy . . . Brains, that's a contradiction in terms, mate. Have you heard "When You Love Someone" from MTV Unplugged? Those lyrics are so true, and sung with a helluva lot of feeling. And his "Reckless" album from '84 . . . this guy can ROCK. Listen to that album. "One Night Love Affair" is amazing, "Summer Of '69", taken as read, "Heaven", very clever, one of the few "happy love songs" that really, really appeals to me. Honestly, take my word for it. Reckless is an amazing album.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:26 pm

quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Liam OSM
"One Night Love Affair" is amazing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erm.....can be I guess.

CHOKE!!
Ram1

Postby 40Intrepid » Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:12 pm

I heard a live version of Eveything I Do... on the local CR station.
It had a nice instrumental passage added to the end.
Is this on a disc? I assumed it was from unplugged, but it isnt on that disc.
40Intrepid

Postby 40Intrepid » Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:15 pm

quote:Originally posted by 40Intrepid
I heard a live version of Eveything I Do... on the local CR station.
It had a nice instrumental passage added to the end.
Is this on a disc? I assumed it was from unplugged, but it isnt on that disc.
Never mind! Found it!
40Intrepid

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC