classic rock vs. oldies

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

classic rock vs. oldies

Postby megs » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:43 pm

which one do u guys like better.

--------i like classic rock the best[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:59 pm

Depends on what you mean. Classic rock and "oldies" are considered the same thing. When you say oldies, are you referring to like 50's music?
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:04 am

Good point. I think "classic rock" is generally accepted as meaning the guitar gods from the 70s, I think, while oldies is more 50s-early 60s type stuff. That's my take on it anyway . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby megs » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:56 pm

classick rock is more rockish but yes there basicly the same, thers only a small difference between the 2[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:37 am

OK, I *think* I gotcha now . . . [:p]
Liam OSM

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:54 am

Classic rock is a format for a lot of radio stations for the past 30 years in many lilly white suburbs across the states. Sadly, for me, classic rock has perpertuated the same old Who, Stones, BEatles, Yes, Led Zep, Floyd, Foreigner, etc songs. And i think that's not a good thing because it's over-saturated the rock market. There are certain songs in a classic rock format that are just constantly over-played to the point where if i hear them again - i swerve the car over to the side of the road and begin beating the side of my head just like i was Rainman when the toast was burning in Charlie's apartment. (AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!)

Satisfaction, Won't get fooled again, Baba O'reilly (Known to the white trash community as teenage wasteland), Back in the USSR, Money, Time, Us and them, Whole lotta love - all have been perpertually played to white suburban communities ad nauseaum. ENough! Classic rock has destroyed in my view rock n roll or at least that kind of moving forward. Most people because of classic rock are hard-pressed to listen to old sounds. It's the same stuff over and over again. As much as i like that kind of music, you can't play that stuff over and over.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:34 pm

yeah they do overplay alot of songs on classic rock stations[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:14 am

Maybe, but at least they're good songs - what would you rather have, classics played to death or the mindless rubbish that masquerades as music nowadays? The former for me . . . although I don't generally listen to the radio anyway, but that's beside the point . . .
Liam OSM

Postby megs » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:24 pm

good poit plus i like it when they overpley songs by the who[8D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:50 am

Well, there you have it!
Liam OSM