Beach Boys

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby jet » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:37 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
In my humble opinion, Pet Sounds was The Beach Boy's Sgt. Pepper. Magnificent. I definitely rate it as an essential album for anyone to own. But I'm also glad, JettRyder, that you mentioned songs like This Whole World and Surf's Up. My favorite BB period is actually the late 60s/early 70s. GREAT material during those years. And Liam, you really shouldn't just stop with PS. Like I said, their late 60s/early 70s work is awesome. I think you'd really dig it.
PS--IMHO, Surf's Up is the BEST Beach Boys song of all time. Heck, one of the best rock/pop songs of all time. Masterpiece.
Once again Ram, I find myself agreeing with every word you have written. 20/20, Sunflower and Surfs Up are definitely my favourite Beach Boy albums(and Pet Sounds of course!). I hope Liam does venture further than Pet Sounds - and these three albums are a good start!
jet

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:46 am

Well, we'll see.

BUT - my loan has now come in, so I can go out and get that Led Zeppelin compilation! See what it's like . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Thomas » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:14 pm

Everybody who likes the beach boys should listen to Brian Wilson live at the Roxy theatre. great live album. his new band is excellent
Thomas

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:21 am

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
Everybody who likes the beach boys should listen to Brian Wilson live at the Roxy theatre. great live album. his new band is excellent

What's that, the Pet Sounds Live thing? Maybe . . . but not for a while. PS has got the thumbs-up from me, but I have five CDs to listen to - the new Bryan Adams album, the 2CD Rolling Stones comp, and the 2CD Led Zep comp. 5 CDs and not enough time to fit them all in. Ask me in a week's time if I've got round to it . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:34 am

Brian Wilson live at the roxy is not the pet sounds live album. I think that one is called Brian Wilson plays Pet sounds.

This album (2 cd's) contains more. a lot of beach boy stuff (California Girls, Don't worry Baby, I Get Around, Good Vibes, Help Me Rhonda. Barbra Ann, Do it Again, Surfer Girl etc.) including some songs from pet sounds (Let's go away for a while, Pet Sounds, God Only Knows, Sloop John B, Caroline no and Wouldn't it be nice)
It also has some covers and some of Brians Solo stuff.
Thomas

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:37 am

Right . . . well, either way, I'm snowed under right now. I'll let you know if I decide to get it, eventually . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:43 am

quote: and the 2CD Led Zep comp.

Is that the 2CD Led Zeppelin Remasters? If so. I have that one. It has some great material on it but it's not really my cup of tea
Thomas

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:46 am

That's the one - I picked it up yesterday, after extensive badgering recommendations by the guys on here. So far I haven't had time to listen to it, but I made a point of hearing Stairway To Heaven - I like it. Can't say anything else as yet, mind . . . let me have a full listen . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:04 am

So, Liam, what do you think of the Led Zep remasters??
Thomas

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:09 am

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
So, Liam, what do you think of the Led Zep remasters??

So far I haven't listened yet. Haven't had the time. I plan on listening ASAP though.
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC