Beach Boys

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:36 am

Liamson, then how about cutting out the daily shopping, watching videos, and cut down on your net time, brother? You gotta have time to listen to music!!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:27 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Liamson, then how about cutting out the daily shopping, watching videos, and cut down on your net time, brother? You gotta have time to listen to music!!

I know - and I have had time yesterday - but last night, I was listening to some music, but I didn't fancy listening to the other Led Zep CD - I wanted something I knew I already liked - you know, sometimes you just feel like listening to something reassuringly familiar. So I listened to Foreigner's "Double Vision" album - but I promise that before the week is out, I will listen to the other Led Zep CD. And I don't go back on my promises!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:04 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
....but I promise that before the week is out, I will listen to the other Led Zep CD. And I don't go back on my promises!
And? Is a review forthcoming, Liam??
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
Brian Wilson live at the roxy is not the pet sounds live album. I think that one is called Brian Wilson plays Pet sounds.

This album (2 cd's) contains more. a lot of beach boy stuff (California Girls, Don't worry Baby, I Get Around, Good Vibes, Help Me Rhonda. Barbra Ann, Do it Again, Surfer Girl etc.) including some songs from pet sounds (Let's go away for a while, Pet Sounds, God Only Knows, Sloop John B, Caroline no and Wouldn't it be nice)
It also has some covers and some of Brians Solo stuff.

I really like how he covers "Brian Wilson" by the Barnakedladies,then segs into "'Til I die," one of those great late '60s/early '70s songs you guys were talking about.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the "Smiley Smile"/"Smile"-era earlier. I love "Heros and Villains." That ranks right up there with "God Only Knows" and "Good Vibrations." In fact, I think it surpases both of them. "Wonderful" is also a great song. If you want to get a good compilation that goes past the surf hits and really reflects Brian's genius, get "Beach Boys Classics Selected by Brian Wilson." Excellent intro. Far better than Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & Greatest Hits Vol. 2.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:30 am

Right now, I am absolutely unable to get The Beach Boys out of my head - I am playing them constantly! Especially the catchier numbers like "I Get Around", "Fun Fun Fun", "Help Me Rhonda" . . . OHYESSS!!!
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:02 pm

Right now, I am absolutely unable to get The Beach Boys out of my head - I am playing them constantly! Especially the catchier numbers like "I Get Around", "Fun Fun Fun", "Help Me Rhonda" . . . OHYESSS!!!
Liam--do you like any of their post-1965 stuff?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:10 am

Pet Sounds HAS been given the official Two Callaghan Thumbs Up Award. So yes, I do. GOK, GV, WIBN, HT, etc . . . love 'em!
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:28 pm

Pet Sounds HAS been given the official Two Callaghan Thumbs Up Award. So yes, I do. GOK, GV, WIBN, HT, etc . . . love 'em!

Good going, 'ol chap!! I knew it would just take time to grow on you. Like I said, PS took time to grow on me as well. Now you see the awesome power of that masterpiece album!! [8D]

And yes, Here Today is one of their best songs ever, IMHO. What a great tune!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:51 am

Good grief! Someone actually agreeing with me on some of my musical tastes! But then again, it's not as if The Beach Boys are an absolute must-have-everything fave of mine . . .
Liam OSM

Previous

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC