Beach Boys

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Beach Boys

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:44 pm

I picked up Pet Sounds plus a GH compilation yesterday . . . what's the general opinion on these dudes? I'm still relatively new to them - I haven't listened to the compilation yet, but I've listened to Pet Sounds a couple of times . . . I do love "God Only Knows", though . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Beach Boys

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:44 pm

I picked up Pet Sounds plus a GH compilation yesterday . . . what's the general opinion on these dudes? I'm still relatively new to them - I haven't listened to the compilation yet, but I've listened to Pet Sounds a couple of times . . . I do love "God Only Knows", though . . .
Liam OSM

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:51 pm

Oh man, Liam. Enough cannot be said about the Beach Boys. Brian Wilson is an utter genius. And Carl with his beautiful voice as well. Trust me, man, the more you listen to Pet Sounds, the more you'll fall in love with it. It's second only to Pepper, in my opinion. Also check out their late 60's/early 70's albums. Some GREAT stuff there as well. A lot of people who are musically ignorant think the Beach Boys are just some silly surf band (Surfin' USA, Fun Fun Fun, etc.) They are SO much more than that.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Steve-o » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:51 pm

Brian Wilson was brilliant. Listen to the many sounds on their post-surfer period. Unreal....certainly not as good as a Hagatha Warthog CD, but darn close. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:53 pm

Seriously--Pet Sounds is in my top ten of all time, and always will be. I can't say enough about Brian and the Boys....crank that puppy up, too Liam. It sounds great loud!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:53 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Brian Wilson was brilliant. Listen to the many sounds on their post-surfer period. Unreal....certainly not as good as a Hagatha Warthog CD, but darn close. [:D]

Curious comment, I didn't know you had Agnetha's albums . . . [;)]

Certainly, I plan on giving both PS and the compilation a good listen to, but not tonight, it's my friend's birthday, and a load of us are going out for a meal [8D]
Liam OSM

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:54 pm

Sausage pies? [8D]
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:54 pm

Seriously--Pet Sounds is in my top ten of all time, and always will be. I can't say enough about Brian and the Boys....crank that puppy up, too Liam. It sound sgreat loud!!

Hue and cry time . . . TYPO, TYPO! [;)]
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:55 pm

Load and a meal....arent those two words switched about? [;)]

What to say about that one . . . [:0]
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:56 pm

quote:Originally posted by RedRoseSpeedway
Sausage pies? [8D]

We don't know what we're going to have, until we get there. And we haven't even got a set plan of where we're going. I'll tell 'yas all about the do tomorrow [:p]
Liam OSM

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC