Foreigner

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Foreigner

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:17 am

Another favourite band of mine - although I only discovered them six months ago! Another amazing pairing of powerful singer + guitarist who is the lynch-pin of the band, writing some of the most amazing songs. "I Want To Know What Love Is", "Cold As Ice", "Starrider", "Woman Oh Woman" . . . I could go on forever (and yes, I know I frequently do, over several consecutive posts - before Steve picks me up on it!) . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Foreigner

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Sep 25, 2002 6:17 am

Another favourite band of mine - although I only discovered them six months ago! Another amazing pairing of powerful singer + guitarist who is the lynch-pin of the band, writing some of the most amazing songs. "I Want To Know What Love Is", "Cold As Ice", "Starrider", "Woman Oh Woman" . . . I could go on forever (and yes, I know I frequently do, over several consecutive posts - before Steve picks me up on it!) . . .
Liam OSM

Postby dsnito » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:16 pm

Foreigner is just a good band to me, they're OK, very good musicians indeed. But I think they're not a so much exceptional group(MY opinion, don't get me wrong, Liam).

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Brains » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:55 pm

I only know "I Want To Know What Love Is". I must say it sounds like the most typical eighties song there is. And no, that's not a compliment. Are all songs like this? What others should I hear?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:03 pm

I'm sure you've probably heard 'Cold as Ice' or 'Double Vision'. Two of their most famous songs. You probably just don't know them by title. Both are very good songs, by the way. But as a whole, I don't think I'm a big Foreigner fan.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:54 am

quote:Originally posted by Brains
I only know "I Want To Know What Love Is". I must say it sounds like the most typical eighties song there is. And no, that's not a compliment. Are all songs like this? What others should I hear?

I know that you don't mean that complimentarily - I've never heard "typical 80s song" being used as a compliment.

As for your opinion of IWTKWLI, well, in my opinion, it is the greatest vocal performance I have ever heard, by anybody. I shall admit that the instrumental part took a little getting used to, but the vocal just shines through it, and after a while, you stop caring about the average backing. The vocal line is all that matters. Exceptional lyrics, sung wonderfully.
Liam OSM

Postby Macca4eva » Thu Sep 26, 2002 9:40 am

I've never actually heard of this band before. [:D]
Macca4eva

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:20 am

Well, I recommend them. Check out their first album, from 1977, simply titled "Foreigner", and also get "4" from 1981. Great stuff.
Liam OSM

Postby Macca4eva » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:55 am

Will do Liam! *thumbs up* Hmmm... I think I need to get a job first... so I can earn the money... then buy the album... then listen to it... then I can decide whether or not i like the music... *goes on and on*
Macca4eva

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:39 am

quote:Originally posted by Macca4eva
Will do Liam! *thumbs up* Hmmm... I think I need to get a job first... so I can earn the money... then buy the album... then listen to it... then I can decide whether or not i like the music... *goes on and on*

Well, go for it! That's all I can say. My mother has got to love them in a short space of time, and has said how fresh they sound, given the stuff is over twenty years old! [8D]
Liam OSM

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC