If Creed is the savior of rock

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:48 pm

If creed is the savior of rock or if Rock is relying on the talents of the White stripes or the strokes, then Rock is dead, brother. If Dave Matthews who is awful is the New John Lennon of rock, then give me the cherry coloured kool-aid and let me out of here like i was at Jim Jones compound at Jonestown, Guyana...[xx(]

[V]Or to put it another way, Give me whatever that cult had when they thought they would merge with the UFO's and go to another plane. Cause , baby, Dave Matthews, Creed and all the other so -called Saviors of rock are lame, uncharismatic frauds!

God, i [V]never thought music would be so bad that i actually miss the sounds of Journey, Foreigner, and White Snake.

Where's the Kool-aid
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:48 pm

If creed is the savior of rock or if Rock is relying on the talents of the White stripes or the strokes, then Rock is dead, brother. If Dave Matthews who is awful is the New John Lennon of rock, then give me the cherry coloured kool-aid and let me out of here like i was at Jim Jones compound at Jonestown, Guyana...[xx(]

[V]Or to put it another way, Give me whatever that cult had when they thought they would merge with the UFO's and go to another plane. Cause , baby, Dave Matthews, Creed and all the other so -called Saviors of rock are lame, uncharismatic frauds!

God, i [V]never thought music would be so bad that i actually miss the sounds of Journey, Foreigner, and White Snake.

Where's the Kool-aid
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:50 pm

Personally, I've never seen what the big deal is about Dave Matthews. I mean, I don't think he TOTALLY sucks, but I think he's HIGHLY overrated. I mean, people like sh*t their pants over Dave Matthews. I just don't see it.
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:53 pm

I respect Matthews and Pfish - but i don't understand the hysteria over them. God, it's like Creed and MAtthews are Ed Norton and weak BRad Bitt compared to Paul's Bobby Deniro and Al Pacino.

I can't stand this Creed - bible crap and music. It's like when U2 gets all preachy with their songs about the lord and so forth - it makes me want to puke. Thank god, the BEatles never tried to convert us to a religion
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:58 pm

Agreed, guys. DMB is ok, but I dont get it. I have a friend who took his daughter to see him this summer, and he said the guy has a HUGE ropehead following--he said he felt a buzz. LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:13 pm

I don't know, Chris. I have to disagree about Brad Pitt. He is actually one fine actor, in my opinion. Actually one of my favorites. He's definitely not just a pretty face. The guy is good. Ed Norton, I haven't seen much of his work so I can't really comment. I know a lot of critics hype him up.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:17 pm

I just caught the Norton and Pitt thing. Norton is very good--seen most of his movies and liked him in all of them. Pitt has only really had a few stinkers (7 years in Tibet, called by someone 7 years in my seat, LOL).
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby constv » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:30 am

Couldn't agree with you more, Chris, on DMB, Creed, and all that other hyped-up, overrated crap. Dave Mathews can't sing, period. He just can't! Whatever the squeaky sound he makes is so nasty, it makes me shiver. I absolutely hated him when he made such a joke out of his already pathetic ass singing In My Life during the John Lennon tribute concert in NY last October. In My Life is not a difficult song to sing, it doesn't require a wide range, ant yet, he just reduced that awesome song to gibberish. True talents are still recognized years, decades and centuries after they are gone. C'mon, who's going to remember Creed - these self-important immitators - 5-7 years from now? Whatever happened to Hootie and the Blowfish??? Remember that "superband" from ... 1995? And those guys were better than Creed. Most of "alternative" fans know little about music - just like the majority of the alternative "musicians" themselves (although not all alternative bands are garbage (pun intended!)) So, the fans just follow the trend, not the art. Did I just say "art"?
constv

Postby dakota » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:50 pm

Not too long ago I had bought 2 Dave Matthews band CD's (used CDs).
I had to find out what the big deal with him is. The 2 albums put me to sleep![|)]
dakota

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:26 pm

if creed is the savior of rock n roll then someone kill me please.
I can't stand creed, and I don't really care for the dave matthews band. You can play every single creed song at the same time and it would all sound the same. There is not one popular artist that I can think of right now that is worthy of saving the good name of rock n roll.[V]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC