Carpenters

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Carpenters

Postby dsnito » Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:08 pm

I'm so curious what people here think about the Carpenters... I think sometimes is nice to hear Karen's voice that's unique to me... But in the other hand, I think they're too much soft and mild and end up to boring me if hearing continuously. But they made little gems like "Mr.Postman" version, different but so good as The Beatles' version.
Somepeople here did comments that they're forbidden to diabetics for being too much "sweetened"...LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:25 pm

I like several of their songs especially Goodbye to Love. The song is very melodic. This does sound like a McCartney composition. I do love the guitar work in this one.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:33 pm

quote:Somepeople here did comments that they're forbidden to diabetics for being too much "sweetened"...LOL

LOL!

Good topic, Nito. Hmm..I've always had mixed feelings about The Carpenters. Karen's voice was amazing. And they definitely had some pretty beautiful melodic tunes. But I don't know if I could listen to The Carpenters all day. I think I'd get nauseous. LOL
Ram1

Postby mr. kite » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:50 am

I love the Carpenters. I never get tired of listening to their songs. I don't know of any singer that can match the angelic voice of Karen. I like most of their songs. They're the songs I grew up with together with the Beatles songs. It's unfortunate that an artist like her isn't with us anymore. She could've given us more beautiful songs.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:04 am

Yes, Mr.Kite, it´s a pity that Karen have gone so young... She really had a nice voice that makes you get calm if you´re stressed. Although I said that sometimes their songs make boring me, there are moments that Carpenters´ melody is the right choice.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby JettRyder » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:03 pm

can't listen to Carpenters, Captain & Tenille, Britney, Backdoor Boyz,
IntheSink, Cher, Mariah Carey, or any other sappy, mushy, stuff that belongs in this same category. will throw up and immediately shut down or drop into some form of denial.
JettRyder

Postby Ram1 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:06 pm

quote:will throw up and immediately shut down or drop into some form of denial.

LOL
Ram1

Postby jet » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:47 pm

quote:Originally posted by JettRyder
can't listen to Carpenters, Captain & Tenille, Britney, Backdoor Boyz,
IntheSink, Cher, Mariah Carey, or any other sappy, mushy, stuff that belongs in this same category. will throw up and immediately shut down or drop into some form of denial.
Generally, I'm not a fan of this type of music either, but I will make an exception for The Carpenters. Karen really did have one of the best female voices in the music business, and they did make some classic singles, at least in my opinion. For anyone who does like Karens voice, the albums are worth checking out too.
jet

Postby jet » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by mr. kite
I love the Carpenters. I never get tired of listening to their songs. I don't know of any singer that can match the angelic voice of Karen. I like most of their songs. They're the songs I grew up with together with the Beatles songs. It's unfortunate that an artist like her isn't with us anymore. She could've given us more beautiful songs.
Agreed Mr Kite. A lot of The Carpenters singles remind me of my childhood too which for me makes them that little bit more special.
jet

Postby Steve-o » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:48 pm

I actually saw them live twice. The first time was in late 1970 in Dayton. My gf wanted to see them and they weren't that bad. She had a great voice. I saw them again in the summer of 1971 in Cleveland along with Mac "Baby dont get hooked on me" Davis. I was into the Who and the Doors and of course the new Ram album by macca, and just hated the show. Probably because my Mom made me go. LOL
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC