Favorite movies

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Favorite movies

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:53 am

My favorite movie is "dazed and confused". It's kind of a B movie about the last day of high school in 1976. I just bought "the lord of the rings" on dvd. Excellent movie. I can't wait until the "two towers somes out". Plus Legolas is a hottie. (sorry but I am a girl you know). In fact i'm a bit obsessed with the movie right now.
I also love all the austin powers movies too. And most of adam sandler's flicks as well.

What are some of your favs fellow forum member?
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Favorite movies

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:53 am

My favorite movie is "dazed and confused". It's kind of a B movie about the last day of high school in 1976. I just bought "the lord of the rings" on dvd. Excellent movie. I can't wait until the "two towers somes out". Plus Legolas is a hottie. (sorry but I am a girl you know). In fact i'm a bit obsessed with the movie right now.
I also love all the austin powers movies too. And most of adam sandler's flicks as well.

What are some of your favs fellow forum member?
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:57 am

Scrod, it's really funny you posted this because I've been thinking about doing the same. Dazed and Confused is a hilarious movie. And my mom just bought Lord of the Rings. Haven't seen it yet. A Beautiful Mind is PHENOMENAL. I watched it twice. Russel Crowe is amazing in that flick. I like the Austin Powers and Adam Sandler movies too. Haven't seen Goldmember yet though.

Plastic soul, man....plastic soul....
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:01 am

Goldmember is great! You need to watch lord of the rings. I read the books years ago and the movie does them justice. They shot all three films at once in new zealand and it took two years. I tend to lean more towards comedies but just seen blackhawk down and it was really good.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:03 am

Saw Signs over the weekend.....a few "friends" who thought they were going to see war of the worlds didnt like it...but its a GREAT movie about loss of faith. I didn't know Mel could give such a powerful performance in a non-action flick..amazing...

As for Goldmember, Rammie..you gotta get there..a bit uneven, but it's a gag-flick anyway...Sandler's movies were great up until the last few for me.

I'm a huge fan of classic movies from my "day"..like Godfather,e ct...heck--it's all good. There are not alot I dont like. I am a DVD fanatic...

Let's hope this one turns out pretty darn good....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:17 am

Godfather is great.

Oh, I'll tell you a GREAT movie that you HAVE to see, if you haven't already...SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION with Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. Amazing. I've seen that movie at least 3 times.

Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:20 am

Yes--I have it---Shawshank is my fave Stephen King book/short adapted to the big screen..along with Green Mile...both directed by the same guy, I might add.

Edited by - stevew628 on 08/19/2002 10:21:09
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:23 am

Cool, Steve. Speaking of King, what do you think of 'It'?

Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:30 am

I loved the book....the miniseries was really good until "it" showed up--they must've run outta cash right about then..I've seen better special effects in 3rd grade plays..LOL...

Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:52 am

LOL.

Ram1

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC