for the guitarists

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

for the guitarists

Postby Thomas » Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:58 pm

This is for the people who play the old six-string. What kinda Guitar do you own and what do you think is the best guitar you know?

I one a '96 Gibson SG standard. it's great and a 1982 Squier Strat with seymour duncan pick ups. I would like to own a black les paul custom an a Burns Brian May.
Mu acoustic guitar is a seagull 12 string. I also own a Yamaha J-bass. My amp is a Marshall.
Thomas

Postby Ram1 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:21 pm

Wow, you've got some great stuff. I've got a Fender Strat, a Kay acoustic (cheap, but it gets the job done), a broken up Lotus bass (I'm sure you've never heard of it, neither has anyone else), and I only have a Crate practice amp now. I used to have a Peavy Bandit 112, but I sold it 'cuz I needed money. LOL

Plastic soul, man....plastic soul....
Ram1

Postby Brains » Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:22 pm

I've played since I was about twelve - my first was a Spanish guitar, traded that one in for a better one (I think a Hohner(not Höfner)) which I still have. Some years later I bought a Squire Strat (cheap Fender imitation). Then I bought myself a late sixties Höfner violin bass that is actually quite a good bass.
I don't play my Spanish guitar anymore, I have a normal steel-string acoustic now, I like the sound of those.
Also I bought a better electric: an Epiphone SG. And from a friend of mine I got a second hand Marshall amp.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Thomas » Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:21 am

The SG is a totally underestimatid guitar. I don't know why. They are really fine to play and look really cool, the sound is great and they cost half of what a decent Les Paul should cost you.
Cool that you have yourself a Violin Bass, Brains. Allthough it would look pretty weird seeing you play that instrument in a Megadeth and other noisy cover band. Not quite the instrument to go with that kind of music.
Thomas

Postby Nana » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:12 pm

If you wanna buy an acoustic guitar, Gibson J160E (made famous by J.Lennon) is the best !!!
The colour, shape, sound....a great guitar to have ! I love it soooo much.
Nana

Postby Angel » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:15 pm

Hello,
A legendary guitarist, Erik Braunn of Iron Butterfly has a new website complete with new music. Please stop by and say hello
~~Angel

Lynda ~~Angel Hutchinson
Angel

Postby Angel » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:17 pm

Erik Braunn's website address is:
http://www.Erikbraunn.com
~~Angel

Lynda ~~Angel Hutchinson
Angel

Postby Brains » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:33 pm

quote:
Cool that you have yourself a Violin Bass, Brains. Allthough it would look pretty weird seeing you play that instrument in a Megadeth and other noisy cover band. Not quite the instrument to go with that kind of music.

Yeah, it probably did look kinda weird. The sound was alright though.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC