are members musicians?

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby jet » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:55 pm

Apart from writing songs (see above), I also play guitar (which I write my songs on) and have played Bass in a couple of bands (a mixture of original material and covers).My current bass is a Rickenbacker 4001 which I mainly bought because Paul used to play one. Apart from that,they both sound and look cool!As for songwriting, I currently have 697 songs at the time of writing, all in various states of completion. The best ones though are among the last 100 I have written and they are the ones I pay most attention to. The rest before that are what I would call a songwriting apprenticeship, where I learned the craft of songwriting. While they may not be that good as songs go, it is possible that in some there may be snippets of lyric/ melody/ chords that could be used in other songs that I am working on. Almost like some kind of musical scrapyard.
jet

Postby mr. kite » Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:33 am

I play my organ, I mean the keyboards. And the guitar too.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:50 am

lol, mr. kite

robitussin rules!
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:23 am

quote:
As for songwriting, I currently have 697 songs at the time of writing, all in various states of completion. The best ones though are among the last 100 I have written and they are the ones I pay most attention to. The rest before that are what I would call a songwriting apprenticeship, where I learned the craft of songwriting. While they may not be that good as songs go, it is possible that in some there may be snippets of lyric/ melody/ chords that could be used in other songs that I am working on. Almost like some kind of musical scrapyard.

Nearly 700 songs? I'm impressed!

How many of them are finished? Musical scrapyard? I know the feeling. I've got about 15-20 songs that are sort of finished, aside from my having mapped out the music on my keyboard. I write lyrics with a definite idea of how they're sung. Only two are at the stage where I can perform them live (full music properly mapped out). But the others, I have a good idea on.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Len » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:34 am

I play bass, guitar, keyboards and a little bit of drums.

I'm in a band (called Flenz) and we're doing some gigs starting in October, for which we're preparing now. Check out our website at http://www.flenzeng.tmfweb.nl
Len

Postby Len » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:38 am

Brains, my fellow cloggy: there aren't really any rules as to how to write songs. In our band a song usually starts with a few chords by our guitar player. I start to play along then, trying to come up wuth a cool bass riff, and our drummer joins in. If we're happy with the result, we quickly record it and our singer takes it home. She then either writes lyrics, or uses some she's already written.
Len

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:30 am

Fascinating!

And NetherLen - nice to see you back again [8D]
Liam OSM

Postby Len » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:27 am

Thanx a bunch Liam!

I don't know why I keep going and coming back again. Maybe I should just stay this time. [:)] I do find it harder and harder to go through all the posts. I have to admit I don't know what the *#@%$ is going here anymore. [:D]
Len

Postby Ram1 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:31 am

Don't worry, Len. Same 'ol sh*t around here as usual. Please do stay. We enjoy your posts.
Ram1

Postby Len » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:35 am

Alrighty, I'll stay. If only to beat you at your quest of becoming Lord Of The Posts. [:D]

(Liam might beat me to that though)
Len

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC