are members musicians?

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

are members musicians?

Postby Thomas » Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:55 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering. How many of the members of this forum are musicians themselves? Do you play in a band and what instrument do you play?
I used to play guitar in a student cover band. we played on student parties, bigg fun. are setlist included some Dutch bands (de dijk, doe maar) and others like songs from Madonna, No doubt, Tina Turner, Robbie Williams, Bon Jovi etc. The only beatle songs we've played where All my loving and Hey Jude
Thomas

Postby Ram1 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:18 pm

Yeah....bass, guitar, and vocals here. School jazz band, a few cover bands over the years. Actually, I recorded a demo which I shopped around for about 6 years. Needless to say, it didn't go anywhere. LOL

Plastic soul, man....plastic soul....
Ram1

Postby Brains » Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:27 pm

I used to play my Höfner bass in a music school band. Not quite Beatle-like music: Megadeth, Pearl Jam, Garbage. A bit too hard for my taste. But playing in a band was really great, even though we only had one gig.
I'm trying to find some guys to form a new band with, but I don't have friends that play anything, not even acquaintances (spelled properly?)
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:16 pm

Cool guys...I had no real idea. I am a rank amateur at he guitar, but I have fun...been playing for about 35 years, and still aint any good!! LOL I know me Beatles chords

Let's hope this one turns out pretty darn good....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:19 pm

Steve, as long as you know THE BEATLES chords, the rest is irrelevent. LOL

Plastic soul, man....plastic soul....
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:22 pm

Yeah..but I use the EASY ones.....LOL

Let's hope this one turns out pretty darn good....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:21 am

Well, I tried keyboard, got a Yamaha keyboard, but definitely I have none talent...!!! Need much lessons to at least play decent chords!! I just know to HEAR good music, folks!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby jpm » Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:27 am

Yeh,first learnt drums,twanged a few bass sounds,and play basic chords on piano and guitar. My late father was a drummer with a band,and had twist again as a single out in early 60's.Then my older brother learnt drums,then me,sort of family tradition.He and me were in the band at one time,called Changes.Back then i could only play drums,and nothing else.Since then i blossomed into writing songs and mainly playing keyboards,i got more confident and better doing my own thing.Its more of a hobby now,and i wanted to compile my best stuff and try to sell it for someone to record and have a number one,but dont know who how or where to start.I did want to send to Paul for some ideas for him,but i dont think he would appreciate them,being far superior to me..........Any one know a website to sell lyrics that i have written ,i have about 300,but they would be chopped down to the best of say 20,if you do know be much appreciated.......Mike j
jpm

Postby scrodfish256 » Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:31 pm

I play guitar, mostly just accustic. My hubby plays guitar and mandolin. We usually just play for fun. Funny story, I was at a party and I heard someone singing and playing "I wanna hold your hand". to make a long story short we ended up married 3 years later. All because of a beatles song.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:32 am

Me, I'm a keyboard man. I can play a fair few songs competently, and have given a few shows for my friends and housemates in the last year. They've all been very well-received (after the last show, my housemates were referring to me as "The King" - I kid you not!). Aside from the basic mechanics of it all which I did in music classes at school, I am self-taught when it comes to playing songs.

My current repertoire is as follows:

Beatles -
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Help
Things We Said Today (nice bluesy version)

Paul -
Maybe I'm Amazed
Mull Of Kintyre (yes, on keyboard, and it sort of works!)
No More Lonely Nights

John -
Mind Games

Queen -
The Show Must Go On
These Are The Days Of Our Lives
Save Me

Sting/Police -
When The Angels Fall
Every Breath You Take (I'm learning it at the mo)

Elton John -
Easier To Walk Away
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (currently learning)

And a couple of songs I wrote myself - entitled Truth and Cut You Out.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC