Elvis

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:40 am

Cool, Liam--does it have the bonus tracks that NITO was talking about??
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:42 am

Full tracklisting:

1. I'm The Greatest
2. Have You Seen My Baby
3. Photograph
4. Sunshine Life For Me (Sail Away Raymond)
5. You're Sixteen (You're Beautiful And You're Mine)
6. Oh My My
7. Step Lightly
8. Six O'Clock
9. Devil Woman
10. You And Me (Babe)

Bonus tracks:

11. It Don't Come Easy
12. Early 1970
13. Down And Out
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:44 am

yep..you got the one he was talking about....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:50 am

I'll have a listen tonight, let you konw tomorrow [8D]
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:55 am

I have them all..I just dont have them on CD...singles and albums..let us know what u think however...and do it in the Ringo area, dude!! This is for THE REAL KING!!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:57 am

Erm, Steve, this forum is headed "off-topic". This topic has gone "off-topic". Not a problem on this forum.

But of course I was planning on listing the opinions in the Ringo forum. But here as well, seeing as how I mentioned it here first! Plus, I need to get the post count up again . . . [;)]
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:22 pm

Does anybody here own the album 'From Elvis in Memphis'? Man, I kid you not, it is awesome! I just got it last week. Came out in early '69, right off the heels of his tremendous '68 Comeback Special. I bought it from Amazon.com, where the album got a perfect 5-star rating by the reviewers. They weren't kidding. I love this album so much already, that I actually wrote a review myself on Amazon. It hasn't been posted yet, because they have to review it first. But it will be in a couple days. But anyway, here's a copy of my review, just to give you an idea about this album.

By the way, if you visit Amazon, the short samples of the album don't do it justice....

First of all, let me say a big Thank You to the previous reviewers. It was YOUR reviews that overwhemingly swayed me to purchase this fine album. As the title of my post states, if Elvis ever had a masterpiece, this album is it. AWESOME. I got this album just last week, and already I am in love with it. This is quintessential late 60's Elvis. For those of you who think Elvis Presley was just 'Heartbreak Hotel' and 'Hound Dog', you have NO IDEA what you're missing. I think this was the album that showed Elvis's music was changing with the times. This album shows his maturity. From the opening of Wearin' That Loved On Look and Only The Strong Survive, the listener is hooked. Then the awesome bluesy feel of I'll Hold You in My Heart makes you feel you're in an underground, smokey blues club, with the man himself leading the festivities. There is NOT ONE bad song on this fine album. Any Day Now is MAGNIFICENT. This has quickly become one of my favorite songs (not just Elvis songs) of all time. The original album closes with In The Ghetto, my favorite Elvis Presley song of all time. It's also probably Elvis's darkest and most socially conscious song. A GREAT ending to the original record.
The Bonus Tracks are, you guessed it, outstanding. The hits Suspicious Minds and Kentucky Rain are songs I don't think I'll EVER get tired of hearing. Don't Cry Daddy is absolutely superb. And Mama Liked the Roses is a very mellow and fitting end to the album.
Besides Elvis's outstanding vocal delivery, his band, (like all of his musicians during late 60's and 70's era), is HOT! For people who think Elvis lost something after his Army years, THIS is the album that redeemed him. By the way, did I mention that I'm only 24 years old? That just goes to show the awesome power of Elvis and his music....to cross multiple generations. Although I'm a big Elvis Presley fan, I'm far from the BIGGEST. But this album makes me look at him in a totally different way. So, for all of you out there that think Elvis was a marginal artist at best (especially you people out there around my age), I almost guarantee this album will change your view about Elvis Presley. Bottom line, buy this album. You will NOT be dissapointed.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:30 am

Well, I don't have that album, and I am not likely to be getting hold of it in the near future. There's about one or two CDs I plan on getting, but not very many. Something of Led Zep, and perhaps a few Styx albums online . . . and that's it.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:40 pm

Styx over Elvis? Get some priorities, man.[;)]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:46 pm

LOL, yeah really man. Skip the Mr. Roboto and get the King or more Led Zep. LOL
Ram1

PreviousNext