Who is Shirley & why is she doing terrible things?

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:56 pm

Sudden thought - Len's latest disappearance is HIS second, as well! I get the nasty impression that he could well be Shirley's European Branch (or at the very least, the Dutch Branch - watch your back, Brains!). This is worrying . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:57 pm

Yeah, it'll take awhile. The next in line (skipping over A-dog of course), is Scrodfish with 185 posts. But she posts only very sporadically lately. So I think our best bet is Steve with 179 posts. He's really come on lately!!
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:58 pm

quote:Sudden thought - Len's latest disappearance is HIS second, as well! I get the nasty impression that he could well be Shirley's European Branch (or at the very least, the Dutch Branch - watch your back, Brains!). This is worrying . . .

Just noticed that, and I agree. I did hear that Shirley and her crew were setting up shop in those parts. So that could be the case! Poor Len and Brains.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:59 pm

quote:
Yeah, it'll take awhile. The next in line (skipping over A-dog of course), is Scrodfish with 185 posts. But she posts only very sporadically lately. So I think our best bet is Steve with 179 posts. He's really come on lately!!

Yeah - I'd say Steve and Dsnito are the most likely candidates - have you sent them the complimentary Anti-Shirley Armour yet? They're going to need it!

Maybe five years was a bit of an exaggeration on time it would take to become average - I reckon both Steve and Dsnito will be Average by Christmas - by which time I will also be Senior, and you will probably have reached the next stage! Whatever that is - either 5K or 2K posts . . . as the Mac2 song says, "Nobody Knows"!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:01 pm

quote:
quote:Sudden thought - Len's latest disappearance is HIS second, as well! I get the nasty impression that he could well be Shirley's European Branch (or at the very least, the Dutch Branch - watch your back, Brains!). This is worrying . . .

Just noticed that, and I agree. I did hear that Shirley and her crew were setting up shop in those parts. So that could be the case! Poor Len and Brains.

Well, I don't think Brains has disappeared yet, but I have got to start getting concerned on the part of Len - it's his second disappearance, now only Chris Speers has disappeared more than once before, and you know how I stand with him - I reckon he's the one pulling her strings. I think Len could be the Dutch representative to oversee disappearances. Just a gut feeling, but I've learned to trust my gut . . .

Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:03 pm

quote:
Maybe five years was a bit of an exaggeration on time it would take to become average - I reckon both Steve and Dsnito will be Average by Christmas - by which time I will also be Senior, and you will probably have reached the next stage! Whatever that is - either 5K or 2K posts . . . as the Mac2 song says, "Nobody Knows"!

Actually, I take that back - when you reach the next stage, I'll be pushing for it as well, most likely. Either way, Ram1, you're gonna stay a "Senior Member Member" for some time . . . and certainly I will - I'll probably only be about 60-70% of the way there when we find out what the next level is!

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:04 pm

I think the next stage is at 1500, personally.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:07 pm

quote:
I think the next stage is at 1500, personally.

Well, I'm not sure. Look at the stats:

1-49 posts = Starting Member
50-99 posts = New Member
100-499 posts = Junior Member
500-999 posts = Average Member
1000+ posts = Senior Member Member

If there's a pattern, the next milestone will come at 5000 posts. But don't quote me on that because 2000 posts would be an equally sensible next milestone - it just doesn't fit in with the established pattern.

Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:35 pm

Well, anyway, I can't sit around here all evening, it's a 20-minute journey back home, so I'd better go back now, as I think there's a film on tonight that I'm interested in watching (again - I've seen it before, a couple of years ago). I may see you all tomorrow, so until next time . . .

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 1:38 pm

See ya, Liam.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC