Question about ripping live songs.

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Question about ripping live songs.

Postby DeRick » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:52 am

Let me just say 1st off, i didn't know where to put this. I tried to look for a message board that deals with Windows Media Player.
My issue is when i wanna rip/download a live song to my computer and not the whole album. Sometimes the track ends with the peformer counting in the next song of the next track. WRONG! That is NOT how you track live CDs. I downloaded John Lennon's "Live in New York City" version of "Well, Well, Well" from Amazon cause i just like the live version better. But that dang track ends with John counting in the next song. It makes my playlist sound very odd, I don't like it!! I burned it on CD, thinking there might be a way to only rip most of the track and leaving out the last bit part.
Why do these record companies track live CDs that way? I got alot of live CDs, and they ALL do that, why? Because of that you can't rip them, and put it in a playlist, arrange them how you want it, and make it "flow".
Please, is there anyone out there who can help me with this?
DeRick

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC